When your´re planning to visit the octoberfest in munich, be sure to wear some traditional bavarian clothes, as there is a dirndl for girls and lederhosen for boys. This beer fest in munich is even more fun if you dress up like a bavarian.
There are plenty of shops where you can buy dirndls for the oktober fest in munich.
There are huge differences in prices when you want to buy a dirndl, dirndl dresses or lederhosen. This review will help you to find the right store for shopping your oktoberfest outfit. Here is a list of reasonable shops where you can buy dirndl in munich and lederhosen for your Oktoberfest visit.
For bargain dirndl please visit the following trachten-shops in munich:
1. Karstadt Warehouse Dirndl Department close to the train station (Bahnhof)
2. Moser Trachten
3. Trachten Redl
4. Wies´n Tracht & mehr (Oktoberfest, Dirndl Costumes and more)
5. Trachten Landhausmode close to the Westpark (Country house clothing)
Bargains and Dirndl zu for special price in Dirndl-Sets of the Dirndl-Brands Moser-Trachten, Hammerschmid-Dirndl, Salzburger Trachten Look or Wenger Trachten.
6. Busserl Trachten close to upper Leopoldstraße (Leopoldstreet)
7. Almenrausch Trachten factory outlet until october 2009 on Leopoldstraße (Leopoldstreet)
Beware: in many Dirndl-Shops there´s lot of country clothing style to buy, that´s not the original bavarian octoberfest dress!
Used Dirndls, also called Wasch-Dirndl you may find in the following shops in munich:
1. Schwabinger Trachtenladen (Dirndlshop) Holareidulijö
2. Lilys Treff – Dirndl (Lilys Haunt Dirndl)
3. Lederhosenwahnsinn München (Leather Pants Madness Munich)
If you prefer to hire a lederhosen or look for hiring a dirndl there are lot of rental companies for clothes and dirndls for hire in the shops. Please check out these rental-stores:
Costume Rental Breuer on Hohenzollernstraße/Hohenzollern Street – not quite cheap, but well equipped with Trachten and Dirndl Dresses – please see preview on the breuer homepage
Trachten Gabi – Trachten-Hiring and Dirndls for rent
1. Angermeier Trachten
2. Trachten at the warehouse Ludwig Beck (seasonal offerings)
3. Nika Schottenhammel Trachten
4. Trachten Peteranderl
5. Tracht und Heimat (Tracht and Homeland)
6. Daniel Fendler Dirndl
7. Lollipop & Alpenrock – Dirndl-Shop of Lola Paltinger
8. Exclusive Dirndls in Schwabing (Munich)
9. Gössl Trachten at the Residenz
10. Premium-Dirndl at Oberpollingers – the noble Karstadt in Munich
11. Tracht und Mode (Tracht and Fashion) in Burgstraße
Fotos with kindest permission from Daniel Fendler, GAP089, under the following Licence, many thanks as well to Jonas K, who published the foto under the following Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
The Picture from Rubu is used under this licence.
Find the perfect oktoberfest wiesn-accommodation in munich for your visit of the most famous beer fest on earth! Check out: